* Rising middle class income and a huge youth population will result in strong demand.
* In January 2022, total production of passenger vehicles*, three-wheelers, two-wheelers and quadricycles reached 1,860,809 units.
* India could be a leader in shared mobility by 2030, providing opportunities for electric and autonomous vehicles.
* Focus is shifting to electric vehicles to reduce emissions.
* The electric vehicles industry is likely to create five crore jobs by 2030.
* The automobile sector received cumulative equity FDI inflow of about US$ 30.78 billion between April 2000 and September 2021.
* The Government of India expects automobile sector to attract US$ 8-10 billion in local and foreign investments by 2023.
* In September 2021, the Indian government issued notification regarding a PLI scheme for automobile and auto components worth Rs. 25,938 crore (US$ 3.49 billion).
* Automotive Mission Plan 2016-26 is a mutual initiative by the Government of India and Indian Automotive Industry to lay down the roadmap for development of the industry.
Climate change and global warming are the biggest threats of the present time and how the world manages to control pollution will define our future. R...
Infrastructure is crucial to the development of any economy. Roads, railways, airways, and waterways enable connectivity with the outside world, facil...
India has a huge potential for digital payments. As of October 2021, the country had around 1.18 billion mobile connections, 700 million Internet user...
Introduction India has one of the oldest healthcare systems in the world, ...
Introduction Advanced technology is gaining prominence across the globe, e...