* In India, the total subscriber base stood at 1178.41 million in December 2021.
* Tele-density of rural subscribers reached 44.40% in December 2021. From around 4,200 petabytes in 2018, India's overall wireless internet data usage has increased by almost 7x to 32,397 petabytes in 2021.
* Also, India is one of the biggest consumer of data worldwide. As per TRAI, average wireless data usage per wireless data subscriber was 11 GB per month in FY20.
* India's 5G subscriptions to have 350 million by 2026. accounting for 27% of all mobile subscriptions.
* For domestic consumption and export, Ericsson will start manufacturing 5G radio products in India.
* By 2025, India will need ~22 million skilled workers in 5G-centric technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), robotics and cloud computing.
* The Union Cabinet approved Rs. 12,195 crore (US$ 1.65 billion) production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for telecom & networking products under the Department of Telecom. On October 14, 2021, 31 companies comprising 16 MSMEs and 15 Non-MSMEs (eight domestic and seven global companies) have been approved under the Production-linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme. To drive the development of 6G technology, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has developed a sixth generation (6G) innovation group.
* In Union Budget 2022-23 the Department of Telecommunications was allocated Rs. 84,587 crore (US$ 11.11 billion). Revenue expenditure was allocated 36% and capital expenditure 64%.
* FDI inflow in the telecom sector stood at US$ 38.25 billion between April 2000-December 2021.
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. (MTNL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL)
- Bharti Airtel
- Vodafone Idea Limited
- Reliance Jio Infocomm
Climate change and global warming are the biggest threats of the present time and how the world manages to control pollution will define our future. R...
Infrastructure is crucial to the development of any economy. Roads, railways, airways, and waterways enable connectivity with the outside world, facil...
India has a huge potential for digital payments. As of October 2021, the country had around 1.18 billion mobile connections, 700 million Internet user...
Introduction India has one of the oldest healthcare systems in the world, ...
Introduction Advanced technology is gaining prominence across the globe, e...